Academics at Bayer
At each grade level, students are challenged to achieve through rigorous academics. The school culture helps students develop critical thinking skills, natural curiosity, and a love of learning.
- Reading begins with pre-decodables in pre-school, moving into reading and writing workshops, literature analysis, and novel studies through middle school.
- Language arts integrates grammar, vocabulary, and writing in various genres.
- Mathematics is introduced in the preschool with four primary areas: number sense, measurement, geometry, and patterns.
- Kindergarten through 4th grade study two match curriculums daily; Singapore and Saxon. Together, they cover both the algorithmic side and application of concepts and skills.
- Social Studies takes the students on a journey from communities, states, world geography, and the early ages to the present. Student presentations include a wax museum, state fair, and reenactment of a Revolutionary War battle.
- Science combines didactic learning with an inquiry-based lab. Units in the areas of LifeScience Earth and Space, Physical Science are covered in lower school.
- Spanish is taught daily with an emphasis on vocabulary acquisition and conversation.
- Students receive daily PE instruction which includes exposure to various sports and rules, nutrition and fitness, and sportsmanship.
- Technology and music round out the enrichment classes offered.
More Bayer Private School students perform at the highest levels of testing.
These students perform better than 80% of their counterparts nationwide on standardized testing.